Getting Your Shit Together$10.00
Everything you didn't get in art school, and even more.
• Are you making art but nobody seems to notice?
• Do you find it difficult to make money or develop your network?
• Need to add some skills to make your career worthwhile?
Look no further. The ArtStars* Guide to Getting Your Shit together is the go-to ebook for any art student, art school grad or professional artist in or entering the contemporary art world with a goal of cashing in and making a splash in the public eye.
Beginning from the core basics, this tell-all inspiration ebook covers every aspect of working as an individual artist – beyond the studio practice. Every successful, professional artist knows they must put in the extra effort to get noticed, and that means more than just sitting in your studio making your work in the dark. Since interviewing thousands of artists since 2003, the internationally-acclaimed arts journalist and celebrity interviewer, Nadja Sayej has written this book to help artists succeed with career management, publicity and finance. With a focus on recovering from your biggest mistakes, this must-have guide is built for visual artists who want to thrive, not just survive, in an increasingly visual-based society.
There is No Business in BFA
Art schools don’t train artists for media interviews, how-to price their work, or even ways to profit as self-made entrepreneurs. That’s why there’s an ebook to get you caught up on the homework you never got (and it’s cheaper than a MFA).
In the real world, there are many artists who get press but no sales. Hence, people in their 30s and 40s are totally well-known in their industry, but have nothing to show financially. This is totally unfair but totally possible to change. In fact, it’s never too late to change that.
Career Advice from the Top
Getting your shit together is about finding your own voice and managing your career in a time when you can’t expect other people to do everything for you. You can have a gallerist, an agent, a PR team and a studio, but if you’re not in control of your own life, you will not get results. The advice in this ebook comes from interviews with:
• Marina Abramovic
• James Franco
• Yoko Ono
• Genesis P-Orridge
• Olafur Eliasson
• Hercules & Love Affair
• Chilly Gonzales
• … curators, artists, collectors, and more!
What you’ll get in this must-have ebook:
• How-to think beyond the artist statement and create a compelling vision
• How to put together a press kit and the five necessary elements you need to succeed
• How to get press from newspapers, magazines and blogs
• How-to stay quotable and notable in a media interview
• What to do if you get a bad review – or if they get all the facts wrong
• The do’s and don’ts of an artist’s website
• Where to put in the extra effort
• Selling without selling out
• Taxes, business tips and how-to create an effective sales plan
• How-to gain a unique edge over competitors
• Results-driven strategies for business networking
• How-to make more money and how-to ask for more
• Over 42,000 words, 76 pages
• Available in pdf
• This ebook is divided into five sections:
- Perfecting your Presence
- Press & Publicity
- Art & Finance
- Networking Your Way to the Top
• This third edition including never-seen-before material with new interviews, quotes and hot tips
• Covers the breadth of publicity, finance and career management with advice from the top
Once you take a thorough read of this ebook, you'll be on your way to a clear-thinking, focused art career with all your bases covered. Get your copy today!
Buying this ebook is easy, quick and secure with PayPal.
Even if you don't have PayPal, you can still pay with your credit card or debit card. If you have any problems with your payment, please contact us.
The ArtStars* Guide to Getting Your Shit Together: Your essential guide to publicity, finance and career management with advice from the top.
Get heard (not scene and herd).